EUROPUR, the European Association of Flexible Polyurethane Foam Blocks Manufacturers, and EURO-MOULDERS, the European Association of Manufacturers of Moulded Polyurethane Parts for the Automotive Industry, have published Guidelines for the Establishment of a Safety Management System in a Flexible Polyurethane Foam Plant.
This document, drafted by the joint Plant and Workers Issues Working Group of both associations, has been prepared to contribute to aligned high levels of safety and environmental care for the handling of diisocyanates and other chemicals in flexible polyurethane foam production (both slabstock and moulded).
It should serve as a support to polyurethane foam producers in the creation of site-specific guidelines and support them in risk assessments related to their processes.
- Satefy Guidelines
- Annex 1 – Polyurethane Processing Systems
- Annex 2 – Example of Unloading Checklist
- Annex 3 – Example RA Foam Plant
- Annex 4 – Example Maintenance Matrix
- Annex 5 – Example Training Matrix
- Annex 6 – Risk analysis for machinery
- Annex 7 – Ventilation (moulded foam)
- Annex 8 – Example of PPE Requirements Matrix